-->

Review: Bender (The Core Four #1) by Stacy Borel


All Keegan wanted was a roommate who was quiet, minded their own business, and paid for part of the rent. Instead, she got Camden Brooks.

Camden, with his sinful body, sharp tongue, and the inability to stay out of Keegan’s personal space, couldn’t seem to curb his interest in the new girl who wouldn’t put up with his domineering ways.

Feelings were running rampant, sexual tension was thick, and both were struggling to let go of control.

To some people, getting a roommate simply meant living with another person. But to both Camden and Keegan it was a curveball that neither was prepared to swing at.


Besides the initial setup of this story, Bender was a pretty decent read. It was nothing I haven't read before, still it was enjoyable. The characters were likeable, drama reasonable and the sexy scenes smoking and original.

It all starts of a little strange for me. That Keegan wants to move out of her house, I can totally understand, that Camden needs a roommate, I can't. The guy owns a gym, Keegan isn't even paying half the rent and Camden is so controlling he buys the groceries and does the cooking. So I'm left wondering why he would need a roommate. He's barely home, so not for the company and at first it seems he doesn't particularly likes Keegan.

Keegan is a pretty great character. Her mom is a bit of a flake, so she's had to take care of herself and her sister from a young age. This has been putting a lot of pressure on her and interfering with school. Finally Keegan realizes she needs to put herself first, hence her moving out.

Actually not much changes for her. Keegan had hoped she could be friends with her roommate, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. Keegan knows Camden is hot, but his attitude needs some serious work. On the one hand she is often mature and responsible, but with other things she seems so naive and even childish. I had trouble coming to terms with these two sides of her. It didn't make sense to me.

Camden is a typical alpha male character. He's very protective, controlling and he has trouble giving in to his feelings. At first he behaves unkindly towards Keegan, all in the name of her putting him off balance by her mere existence. He feels some serious attraction towards her and usually he would just act on that, but this girl is of course different. So it's all a bit cliché for me. The part of him I liked the most, was his controlling nature. This led to some insanely hot scenes. I can never look at a thigh adductor machine in the gym the same way again.

This is the first book in the series, as there are four brothers and we get to meet them all. These guys definitely caught my interest, so I will be reading those as well.

Fans of the New adult genre, who are into the cavemen alpha males, will probably like this book. The chemistry between Keegan and Camden, plus the surrounding drama keeps it interesting enough.


The Core Four - Reading order and purchase links

  


The Author
I'm a Coast Guard wife and currently a stay at home mom. I want to be a nurse when I "grow up." My incredibly handsome husband and I have been married for 9 years and I have 2 amazing children that keep life interesting. 

I am an obsessive reader. I go through 3-5 books a week on my Kindle and I whole-heartedly support my indie authors. After reading well over a couple hundred books this year, I decided I might give it a shot writing my own book. I dabbled with a few ideas and finally settled on a story I know I'd personally read and I began the journey of creating Ever Enough. I appreciate all the support I've been given by my family, friends, and fellow indie authors. You've all shaped my view on life and books and I'll be forever grateful!

Connect with Stacy Borel:

No comments:

Post a Comment