-->

Review: Crazy Good by Rachel Robinson


Before there were bikers, or fighters, or even good old-fashioned jerks, there were Navy SEALs. They put the bad in badass because, well…it’s their job.

Navy SEAL Maverick Hart has everything. Women want him. Grown men idolize him. Little boys want to grow up and be like him. The job, the glory—it’s all his. Not because it’s handed to him…because he works hard for it. The second his sights lock on something, he owns it—or destroys it. Unfortunately he does both at the same time.

Windsor Forbes only takes calculated risks in her profession and in her personal life. After being left at the altar by the only person she’s ever loved, the very last thing she’s looking for is a relationship—especially the insane brand an arrogant Navy SEAL is offering. Hesitant, yet trusting to a fault, she gives in.

She knew she shouldn’t take the chance, especially a second time, but love is irrational and their love is perfect, infallible. Or so she thought…

The downfall to having everything is you have that much more to lose. A man like Maverick can’t have it all without something slipping out of grasp.

Crazy people perish for love.

Good people live for it.

Love doesn’t die. No matter how many bullets you put in it.


I honestly don't remember when I bought this book, or if I got it from NetGalley or the author or something. Anyway it had been sitting on my device for a while now and last night I wanted to read a light and fun book before going to sleep. I saw this cover and thought it would fit those criteria, as I didn't remember the plot and I was too lazy too look it up. So I started it at 11:30 pm and finished it at around 3 am. Totally worth the lack of sleep by the way and I was completely wrong guessing the type of book this was based on the cover.

Crazy Good is no light and fluffy read, quite the opposite. Within pages I was hooked and stopping halfway through was not an option. I could not put this one down.

I'm having difficulty putting down in words how I feel about this story and these characters. It was exactly as the title says, crazy good. An intense ride on an emotional rollercoaster. There were moments I laughed out loud, there were tears, and everything inbetween.

Maverick and Windsor were real, and flawed characters. Yes, there is that attraction but it quickly becomes so much more. Something which neither were expecting or even wanted. It wasn't an easy start, and the journey along the way also wasn't easy. While it's mostly not outside forces working against them, at times they can be their own worst enemy.

I actually don't want to mention anything else on the plot, because it's so much more intense if you get to discover it yourself. This book is all about the feelings, and I'm having a serious hangover from this one. Crazy Good might have been my first book by Rachel Robinson, but it will definitely not be my last.

4.5





The Author
Rachel grew up in a small, quiet town full of loud talkers. Her words were always only loud on paper. She has been writing stories and creating characters for as long as she can remember. After living on the west coast for many years she recently moved to Virginia Beach, VA.

Connect with Rachel Robinson:

No comments:

Post a Comment